Life Lately

I've been such a terrible blogger you guys!  I promised to be back with lots of exciting things to share, but the month is nearly gone and I've shared like one post.  Ughhh!  I've been keeping myself so busy with so many things that I've just set my blog to the side for a while.  I won't sit here and make any more promises because I'm not going to lie.  I'm not giving up on Oh Rocky.  I will be posting.  I can't promise how frequently though, so for a while it might just be spotty over here.

I've jumped back into something I've always been passionate about: Herpetology!  I've always loved creepy crawlies and slithering creatures, and it used to be a huge part of my life.  Before moving into my apartment a few years ago I had to find new homes for nearly everything I had (which totally sucked!).  Now that I'm moved into a house I can finally pick that up again.  I love taking care of animals and learning as much as I can about the ones that I keep.  I also love going on mini herping trips in search of insects, reptiles, and amphibians in their natural environment.

This is a recent photo of my Ball Python, Oliver.  He was already around 1 or 2 years old when he was given to me about 5 or 6 years ago, so he's anywhere between 6 and 8 years old now!  He's super friendly and very easy to handle.  I'll share more photos of him soon (as well as other critters we have!).

I'm not sure I mentioned it before, but I became an Aunt this year!  I finally got to meet my nephew over the weekend and oh my gosh...he is SO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!

In other news, I get a full week of much needed vacation coming up and I am soooo ready for it!  We're headed to the coast and I'm looking forward to lots of fishing, feeding turtles, taking photos, and lots of sleeping in!

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend!  


 photo xoxomindi_zpse464302f.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Never apologise for not posting! Life gets in the way and if it didn't, we would have nothing to blog about! I had to take two weeks off from blogging recently because of my exams and I hated being out of the loop but it needed to be done! Sometimes a little break is a good thing :)

    Your nephew is absolutely adorable!! Feeling broody at all? Haha! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leona :) I really do enjoy blogging, but sometimes I just feel like I can't stay organized enough to keep things interesting. I've been working on creating a blog schedule that it more spontaneous and what's going on in my daily life rather than focusing on specific post-features. I think it's going to work out for the best :)

      Delete
  2. Dude! That's awesome that you are able to go back to one of your interests! And Oliver and your nephew are adorable! I've always wanted a snake or tarantula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joie, I am soooo happy that I've jumped back into the world of reptiles! I went on a little snake hunting walk with my little brothers over the weekend, and although we didn't find much, we had a blast. It was a great way to spend time with my little brothers too.

      Delete
  3. I loooooove Oliver, he's so pretty! I had a Ball Python named Tess for a few years, she was gorgeous and I just (as in a few weeks ago) gave her to my cousin who wanted her very badly. It's nice not having all the work to do, but I miss her!

    Also I nominated you for a Liebster award HERE. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but know you are beloved! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Angie! I love the name Tess! Ball pythons really are the best aren't they?!

      Delete
  4. My pet dog's name is Oliver, haha. Great picture of your snake!!
    Adorable nephew! ^_^

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name Oliver! I think if I ever have a son, that might be what I name him too :)

      Delete