Goals // November 2014


1) I started Outlander by Diana Gabaldon in early October (I think), and have been reading it sooooo slow despite the fact that I love it.  For some reason, I've just not been in the reading mood lately.  I'm ready to jump back in though.  I'm just past the point where the finale of the show left off, and I can't wait to read what happens next.  After I finish Outlander I'm going to jump into the next book in the series: Dragonfly in Amber.

2) Due to a family health emergency in October, I fell way short on my illustration plans for my Etsy shop, and now that everything is starting to fall back into place I'm excited to get back into the swing of things.  If you have any suggestions on movie or TV characters you'd like to see let me know!

3) Matthew and I used to go hiking every single Sunday.  It was the one thing I knew I could look forward to consistently every week.  For whatever reason we stopped going, but starting tomorrow we're back on it again.  I'm so excited!  Get ready to be bombarded by nature photos again :)

4) Just like my reading habits, my blog posts have been nearly non-existent.  I have a calendar full of planned posts that I just need to block out some time for.

5) Matthew and I are making a healthy lifestyle change together and I can't tell you how excited I am about it.  Back in February (ouch!!!) I posted about my weight loss plan and not only did I not commit to it, I gained 10 more pounds!  Despite my solid planning and good intentions, I just gave up on it.  Now that Matthew is committed to making a lifestyle change as well, it's going to be a lot easier to stick to.  It's so difficult to stay with something like this if you're doing it alone.  Now we can exercise together and make dinner together more often which will be fun :)  I've got a running schedule set up as well as a daily workout plan that I'll share sometime soon.  My weight loss goal for November is to lose 7-8 pounds.

What are your goals for November?


 photo xoxomindi_zpse464302f.jpg

14 comments:

  1. I want focus on getting a range of different items created and put in my shop. I have a few ideas swirly around but need to dedicate more time to that and less to watching tv. definitely getting into a regular exercise and better routine is high on my list this month especially as the holidays approach ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I can definitely relate to the whole TV watching thing-I have way too many shows and it's really hard to set them aside for the things I know I should be doing instead.

      Delete
  2. It is super hard to make healthy choices is you're the only half of a couple who is doing it. I try really hard but then my husband orders a pizza and is all, "Oh. Look at that. Pineapple on half. Guess you have to split it with me now. "

    Also. Weekly hikes are the things that keep me going sometimes. Nothing better after a mentally exhausting workday/week, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, the pizza thing yes! Hiking is one of my favorite activities. Sometimes I'll get really exhausted out there-but I feel so amazing afterwards!

      Delete
  3. Weekly hikes sound like such a great idea. I would love to be able to get away from everything for one day a week. I totally feel the struggle regarding committing to a healthy lifestyle alone. My boyfriend worked out sporadically with me for a while, and he always cheered me on, but it's hard to want to be active when your other half is playing WoW and being a couch potato. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing video games and being a couch potato sounds so much better after a day of work than working out does.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your goals! I'd definitely like to start exercising regularly and reading regularly this month. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Good luck to you as well!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your goals! Hiking once a week sounds like a great goal to set. I love making little traditions like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost 30lbs since the summer!! I'd like to get down 20-30 more before the year ends. Making a change in everyday eating helps incredibly, alongside a fun exercise. Did you ever get that hoop?
    I love your shops illustrations!! A suggestion maybe more phrases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harlynn! Congrats on the weight loss!!! I'd like to lose a total of at least 50, and I'm shooting to do that within 6-8 months. I told Matthew that by this time next year, he and I will be the couple running the hiking trails instead of walking them :) I do have a couple of hoops, but I've been slacking. After I moved in in April, I just busied myself with other things I guess. I definitely plan on picking it back up though. And thank you for the suggestion!!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your goals! I love your checklist and I feel you on #5! It's so hard to stay motivated! But I do think having a loved one partner with you on it helps loads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps. We've been staying on top of motivating each other so far :)

      Delete